Dr. Charles graduated from the University of the West Indies in 1996 and had been a medical practitioner for the past 22 years. He successfully completed his post-graduate specialization in Obstetrics & Gynecology at The University of the West Indies and further subspecialist training in Laparoscopic surgery at the Lapsurg institute in Curitiba Brazil. He currently holds the following positions and licenses.
- Member of Bahamas Medical Council
- Vice president of The Medical Association of The Bahamas.
- Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
- Member of the American Association of Gynecological Laparoscopists.
- Consultant Obstetrician & Gynecologist at The Princess Margaret Hospital.
- Consultant Obstetrician & Gynecologist at the Walk-In Clinics.
- Lead Physician and Owner at The Women’s Specialist Medical Centre.
- Started the Jadelle contraceptive implant program for the prevention of teenage pregnancy.
- Performed the first total laparoscopic Hysterectomy at the Princess Margaret Hospital.
I felt confident in the services I received at Women’s Specialist Medical Centre. The staff was professional, kind and caring.
I would recommend Dr. Charles for any first time moms.
I would highly recommend Dr. Charles for any issues you may have been avoiding . I had put off seeing a doctor, but was put at ease as soon as I sat down with Dr. Charles. He is professional and thorougher.
I have my annual smear with Dr. Charles. His office runs on time and the service is excellent.
After been seen by numerous doctors, Dr. Charles was able to identify my issue and following surgery greatly improve the quality of my life.
Dr. Charles has delivered my 3 children safely. I always felt comfortable and confident with Dr. Charles and would highly recommend him.